So I was videochatting with someone awesome the other night, (::pokepokegloriacoughpoke::) and she mentioned that I never really update this blog. I explained that there were reasons for this, and I would explain them later, since I didn't want to take up much of her time since she was meeting a friend for dinner.
The truth is that I don't like updating when I feel like all I'm doing is bitching to the world, and lately, that is all I feel that I would be doing. Between failing mandatory coursework, having to take the class (which I loathe) again on top of the next class in the series, proceeding to have the class drive me nuts again (and probably failing it again, we'll see), breaking my wrist, being thousands of miles away while my family dotes over my amazing and adorable new nephew (nephew is amazing, being thousands of miles away from him sucks), and for the most part hating the city I live in .... life lately has not been all roses.
So yeah. Sorry for the absence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, my dear Tracy.
I think you probably have a million positive thoughts a day; you're someone who finds humor and delight in so many things, little or large. The thing is that I think the bad things tend to be the ones we remember most easily. Either way, I do like being updated on how you are, even if you aren't feeling upbeat and 105% joyful; really, who in the world is even 100% joyful at even 10% of their lives? If you're not happy, I want to know... and if you're happy, even better - I can be happy with you!
Something that helped me in the past, when I was down most of the time was to take note of those little things that did brighten my day, even if it was only momentarily. If something funny happens, no matter how insignificant it seems, hold onto it and tell us about it. When you write about something positive, it sort of cements it for you as a real (remembered) part of your past. Definitely don't paint over your struggles, but don't cast your smiles to the wind either. :)
Love ya, terrific tenacious Tracy.
I love ya back, hon. I try to keep positive, I'm just having a hard time right now. I'll try to update more, and keep it as upbeat as I can. :)
Post a Comment